Comcast California Opens XFINITY WiFi Hotspots to Aid Residents and Emergency Personnel During Napa Earthquake Recovery
To help residents and emergency personnel during the California Earthquake recovery, Comcast opened up its XFINITY WiFi hotspots in the state of California on Sunday, August 24, 2014 to anyone who needs them – including non-Comcast subscribers.
Comcast operates thousands of XFINITY WiFi hotspots in California and the affected Earthquake areas.
Non-XFINITY Internet customers should search for the “xfinitywifi” network name and click on the “Not a Comcast customer?” link at the bottom of the Sign In page. Then select the “California Earthquake Recovery” option from the drop down list of connection options.
Currently, users will be able to renew their complimentary sessions every hour through midnight Tuesday August 26.
For a map of XFINITY WiFi hotspots, which are located both indoors and outdoors please visit www.xfinity.com/wifi or download the XFINITY WiFi app from the iTunes App store or Google Play.
XFINITY Home provides the next generation of home security technology to today’s families. You get all the features you expect from a home security system — plus, with remote connectivity, you can watch over your home and family wherever and whenever you need.
Check in from anywhere with live video
· Keep an eye on your home with advanced security options- XFINITY Home provides the next generation of home security technology to today’s families. You get all the features you expect from a home security system — plus, with remote connectivity, you can watch over your home and family wherever and whenever you need.
· Feel extra safe with superior protection- Our UL-certified Central Station monitors your home all day, every day, and will respond when alarms are
activated. We provide:
• Redundant IT and communications systems
• Fully trained and certified operators
• Operators on duty 24/7, 365 days a year
• Door & window sensors included.
· Check in from anywhere with live video - Keep an eye on the home front from any Internet-connected computer or smartphone. You can even record video clips and save pictures of important events to your web portal for easy reference. Indoor/outdoor camera available as an add-on.
· Call in some backup power- Your system’s primary power supply has a long- lasting battery backup — so you’re connected even if there’s a power outage. Plus, you’ll get cellular backup for your system at no extra charge.
· Stay smoke-free with fire monitoring- Unlike many other home security providers, XFINITY Home offers a secondary fire alert system designed to keep your property safe — even when you aren’t home. Fire monitoring included.