Student Video Information - Comcast’s "Make Change Happen" Promotion
The ‘MAKE CHANGE HAPPEN’ promotion will allow students to spread the word about Internet Essentials.
Students from elementary school to high school are invited to enter by submitting their 60-second video explaining, "Why It’s Essential to Have the Internet at Home." Creativity is encouraged.
Students should upload their video to YouTube and then e-mail the YouTube link to: Comcast_CACommunications@cable.comcast.com
A selection committee comprised of leaders from non-profit, education, government and business communities will view and decide on the winner and four runner-ups.
Four runner-up students will each receive a netbook computer.
The grand prize winner will receive:
- a Netbook computer
- $1,000 gift card
- 15 Netbook computers & 15 Opportunity Cards for the eligible non-profit community-based organization of their choice.
- Video will air on the Comcast California website and on Comcast Hometown Network -- a regional network reaching more than 2 million households.
August 2013—Announce contest at YOUTH TECH Summit
November 2013—Deadline for video submission
December 2013—Selection Committee meets to view videos
January 2014—Winner Announced—after Winter School Break
XFINITY Home provides the next generation of home security technology to today’s families. You get all the features you expect from a home security system — plus, with remote connectivity, you can watch over your home and family wherever and whenever you need.
Check in from anywhere with live video
· Keep an eye on your home with advanced security options- XFINITY Home provides the next generation of home security technology to today’s families. You get all the features you expect from a home security system — plus, with remote connectivity, you can watch over your home and family wherever and whenever you need.
· Feel extra safe with superior protection- Our UL-certified Central Station monitors your home all day, every day, and will respond when alarms are
activated. We provide:
• Redundant IT and communications systems
• Fully trained and certified operators
• Operators on duty 24/7, 365 days a year
• Door & window sensors included.
· Check in from anywhere with live video - Keep an eye on the home front from any Internet-connected computer or smartphone. You can even record video clips and save pictures of important events to your web portal for easy reference. Indoor/outdoor camera available as an add-on.
· Call in some backup power- Your system’s primary power supply has a long- lasting battery backup — so you’re connected even if there’s a power outage. Plus, you’ll get cellular backup for your system at no extra charge.
· Stay smoke-free with fire monitoring- Unlike many other home security providers, XFINITY Home offers a secondary fire alert system designed to keep your property safe — even when you aren’t home. Fire monitoring included.