Comcast’s Digital Migration in Santa Cruz
Comcast is moving to a full digital delivery system in California and throughout the U.S. The transition is currently happening in the Santa Cruz area - including customers in Aptos, Ben Lomond, Boulder Creek, Brookdale, Capitola, Davenport, Felton, La Selva Beach, Mount Herman, Santa Cruz, Scotts Valley, Soquel and Watsonville.
The project involves transforming Comcast’s Limited Basic and Expanded Basic cable channels (very roughly channels 2 to 82) from an analog to a digital format to add more bandwidth and give consumers dozens of new channels, more High Definition (HD) content, faster Internet speeds and advanced services.
To do this, all customers who currently have Limited Basic and Expanded Basic cable in their homes will need a Digital Transport Adapter (DTA), a small piece of equipment that plugs directly into the TV set. In addition, all Comcast customers, regardless of their service level, will need to have some type of a box on their individual TV sets (many already do). These boxes can be mailed or picked up and self-installed at home (a very easy process that many thousands of customers have already completed).
Customers can either call 1-877-634-4434 or log on to www.comcast.com/digitalnow, and a representative will be happy to assist and mail the self-install adapters to customers. Customers can also visit the Comcast / Xfinity store at 123 Doyle Street in Santa Cruz (open Monday – Saturday from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.) to pick up their self-install adapters.
Most of these adapters are free, but need to be installed by June 23 or customers will find their channels hidden. To learn more and see the list of Frequently Asked Questions, click here.
XFINITY Home provides the next generation of home security technology to today’s families. You get all the features you expect from a home security system — plus, with remote connectivity, you can watch over your home and family wherever and whenever you need.
Check in from anywhere with live video
· Keep an eye on your home with advanced security options- XFINITY Home provides the next generation of home security technology to today’s families. You get all the features you expect from a home security system — plus, with remote connectivity, you can watch over your home and family wherever and whenever you need.
· Feel extra safe with superior protection- Our UL-certified Central Station monitors your home all day, every day, and will respond when alarms are
activated. We provide:
• Redundant IT and communications systems
• Fully trained and certified operators
• Operators on duty 24/7, 365 days a year
• Door & window sensors included.
· Check in from anywhere with live video - Keep an eye on the home front from any Internet-connected computer or smartphone. You can even record video clips and save pictures of important events to your web portal for easy reference. Indoor/outdoor camera available as an add-on.
· Call in some backup power- Your system’s primary power supply has a long- lasting battery backup — so you’re connected even if there’s a power outage. Plus, you’ll get cellular backup for your system at no extra charge.
· Stay smoke-free with fire monitoring- Unlike many other home security providers, XFINITY Home offers a secondary fire alert system designed to keep your property safe — even when you aren’t home. Fire monitoring included.